Ways to Wellness
At Style Acre, we are in the business of caring. We really care about the mental and physical health of every person we support and all of our employees and volunteers. Leading a healthy lifestyle and the benefits that this can bring are key elements to a person’s overall happiness and wellbeing. People can commit to improving their health and wellbeing with support from the Ways to Wellness Programme.
Our Ways to Wellness programme brings health and happiness to the forefront in a fun and accessible way, and helps people to access activities, find information, advice and help.
What does Way to Wellness do?
We focus the Ways to Wellness programme on four key categories to help people improve their overall wellbeing.
Grow: by learning skills to develop as a person and enjoying therapeutic hobbies
Move: by getting active through sports, dance and other activities
Nourish: by caring for yourself and enjoying the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
Connect: by reaching out, giving back and working together to build and maintain relationships
The Ways to Wellness Quiz will help you to discover if you are a Grower, Mover, Nourisher or Connector! People we support have been completing the quiz to find out which Ways to Wellness Categories they feel most confident with. People can then try activities from other categories too.
Some of our current projects include:
- Working with Maymessy to provide cookery sessions at their adapted wellbeing space in East Challow. Sessions focus on nutritious, delicious home-grown and home-cooked food
- Weekly gym, yoga, tennis, and music & dance sessions open to all at Style Acre and the wider learning disability community
- Building a network of Wellbeing Buddies (people we employ who have completed training in Mental Health First Aid) and developing greater understanding and information around mental health
- Introducing Connect & Create, to bring a focus to the wellbeing benefits of creativity and build the conversation around this
- Continue our focus on Healthy Hearts and the benefits of exercise and good nutrition/risks of bad nutrition and lack of exercise
What Makes Me Beautiful (worksheet)
Join in with the fun! Become a Volunteer Wellbeing Buddy, join our Ways to Wellness Project Team or help out with events and activities. There are plenty of ways to get involved! Find out more information and apply here.