You are here:

Gift Aid

Gift Aid is a government scheme that allows us to reclaim the basic rate tax you pay as a UK taxpayer. It means that we can claim 25p of tax for every £1 you donate at no extra cost to you. All you need to do is make a Gift Aid declaration.

How You Can Support Us

There are a couple of ways you can do this:

  • Complete our form Style Acre Gift Aid Form.
  • When donating tick the Gift Aid box.

If your tax status changes, please remember to let us know, including your name and address so we can make sure no further claims are made against your donations.

Do I Qualify for Gift Aid?

To qualify for Gift Aid you need to:

  • Be a UK taxpayer.
  • Have paid or expect to pay enough income or capital gains tax in the tax year your gift was received to cover all the Gift Aid donations you made to charity that year.
  • Make a Gift Aid declaration.
  • Ensure you paid enough tax to cover the donations you made in the previous four years if you are completing an enduring Gift Aid declaration (a declaration applied to future donations).

You must remember to let us know if your tax status changes in the future, otherwise you could be liable for any shortfall.

For more help please visit the Gift Aid page on

What Donations Qualify for Gift Aid?

Gift Aid can be applied to all voluntary donations of money (cash, cheque, direct debit, standing order and credit/debit card donations) no matter how large or small. Just as long as the person making the donation is a UK tax payer.

It cannot be applied to tax efficient payment schemes. These include Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) payments or payroll gifts, as tax relief has already been claimed.

I’m a Pensioner, Do My Donations Qualify for Gift Aid?

The income from a state pension alone is unlikely to qualify as you’d need to earn above the personal allowance threshold to pay income tax.

If this is your only source of income, we advise that you check with your tax office before completing a declaration.

What if I Stop Paying Tax?

You can cancel the declaration at any time by emailing your full name and address, including your postcode, to, please do this as soon as possible.