- Wallingford and travel throughout Oxfordshire
- 37.5 hours per week
- 30 days including Bank Holiday
Fundraising Manager (1 year contract)
Style Acre is a vibrant charity providing wide-ranging support for adults with learning disabilities throughout Oxfordshire. It is highly respected as a leading and innovative organisation in the field of learning disability in the county.
Our Fundraising manager is a new post designed to lead the department during a transitional phase and cover maternity leave. We are looking for an individual with exceptional leaderships skills and experience of fundraising, organising events and digital marketing. This is a great opportunity to work in a small, friendly and professional team which manages fundraising, communications and volunteers.
This post will help the organisation to tap into potential new sources of income and increase existing ones. It will include; line management of our trust and foundations fundraiser, the management of existing relationships, delivering an established programme of fundraising events and all aspects of digital marketing and social media.
- To oversee and deliver the charity’s fundraising strategy.
- To manage the portfolio of fundraising activities within the charity.
- To recruit and support a team of volunteers.
- To monitor fundraising performance and make regular reports to the Chief Executive and Trustees, as directed.
- To ensure that all donors are recognised and thanked promptly and appropriately.
- To organise campaigns and approaches to potential donors ,
- Maximise income through tax effective giving including the promotion of Gift Aid for basic and higher rate tax payers.
- Promote regular giving schemes and undertake their stewardship, make our supporters feel valued and appreciated by writing lively informative and interesting content for newsletters/mailings/website, and by providing efficient administration of payments and enquiries.
- Ensure all donor recruitment and retention opportunities are fully utilised, working with other staff to make use of all Style Acre’s communications vehicles including website/social media, newsletter, thank you letters, appeal mailings and events.
- Maintain and develop an awareness of current legislation and trends relating to appropriate areas of fundraising, ensuring that all work maintains the highest levels of confidentiality and is compliant with the relevant legislation and best practice.
- Research, identify and recommend event fundraising opportunities that will make a significant contribution to Style Acre’s fundraising income targets.
- Project manage events from planning through to post-event evaluation including paying close attention to detail, adhering to agreed deadlines and being the key point of contact internally and externally to events participants and suppliers.
- Recruit and manage a team of fundraising volunteers who will help deliver regular fundraising projects/events.
- Working to agreed budgets, co-ordinate effective event marketing and promotional campaigns, managing supplier relationships and carrying out all relevant administrative duties
Trusts and Foundations
- To research and develop effective approaches to, and ongoing relationships with, charitable trusts, foundations, corporate donors, individuals and other grant giving bodies.
- Write proposals, reports and other documentation/fund-raising tools as necessary. Oversee / complete applications to trusts . Build contacts with and make approaches to funders as required.
- Co-ordinate this work to ensure it is produced to a high standard and on time, providing support to other staff with fund-raising responsibilities.
- Establishing appropriate systems and procedures for all staff to ensure compliance with contractual and other requirements.
- Provide regular reports to the Board of Trustees and attend Trustees meetings when requested.
- To maintain accurate record keeping, whether as part of the general office administration or data in-putting on our Donorfy CRM database and to up-date all records and processes as required.
- To contribute to the wider work of Style Acre by attending staff and team meetings and any other relevant meetings when required.
- To maintain a database of donors, with due regard to the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- To advise the Chief Executive and Trustees, as appropriate, on personal approaches to major donors and other funders.
- To keep up to date with fundraising trends and practice through conferences, seminars and publications.
- To undertake such training as may be required in order to fulfil the role.
- To undertake other tasks as directed by the Chief Executive.
Person Specification : Fundraising Manager
|Educated to degree level
Full clean driving licence.
or marketing qualification
e.g. Certificate in Fundraising Management
Membership of the Institute of Fundraising
|Experience||Experience of writing funding applications to Trusts and Foundations.
Track record is securing multiple 5 figure donations from trusts and/or individuals.
Experience of fundraising to include successfully asking donors (face-to-face) for financial support or equivalent, experience of organising fundraising events.
|Experience of implementing an individual giving scheme.
Planning and producing
events to cultivate and recruit new donors.
Experience of recruiting a team of volunteers to assist with fundraising events.
|Experience of developing and delivering successful marketing plans, promotional campaigns or equivalent.||
|Excellent communicator – written and oral. Ability to speak to a wide range of people and to engage their support.|
|Skills / Abilities||Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Articulate -able to communicate effectively in both formal and informal situations representing Style Acre at the highest level.|
|Strong writing and presentation skills with a meticulous attention to detail.|
|Excellent time management,organisational and prioritisation skills, with the ability to juggle a wide range of competing demands and deadlines.|
|Creative thinker, able to think laterally.|
|Attitudes||Positive, can-do attitude with a proactive and flexible approach.
Self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision.
A willingness to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends.
|Target driven, with a demonstrated commitment to teamwork.|
|Empathy with and commitment to the work of Style Acre .||
|Knowledge||High level of computer literacy and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office- in particular Word, Excel, Access and Email and internet.
Experience of establishing information systems.
|An understanding of the Fundraising Codes of Conduct, particularly as they relate to Trust Fundraising.|
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to Shannon Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org