Career in Care Coordinator
- £20,000 per rata (£11,199 per annum)
- Based in Didcot with travel throughout Oxfordshire
- Part-time - 21 hours per week
- Employee Benefit Scheme
‘Career in Care’ Coordinator
Style Acre is a vibrant forward-looking charity, supporting adults with learning disabilities.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a project to enhance the lives and promote independence of individuals with a disability, by supporting them into a role within the health and social care sector.
CONTRACT TYPE: Temporary – 18 months
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Speech & Language Therapy and Work
ESSENTIALS: Full driving license with access to own vehicle,
Experience working with individuals with disabilities
Experience/knowledge of supporting individuals into work
MAIN PURPOSE: To be responsible for development and running of the Pathways to Care project; identifying and sculpting appropriate placements, supporting people on those placements and ensuring the smooth running of those placements.
1. To help design and oversee the induction for individuals on the programme.
2. To liaise with Oxfordshire Employment Service around identifying suitable candidates for the project and ensuring appropriate information is shared.
3. To work with employers in identifying and sculpting placements appropriate to the individual and their aspirations.
4. To ensure the work placements suit the strengths and needs of the person looking for employment and to develop their skills within this environment.
5. To work with individuals on the programme to ensure they complete the appropriate training, competences and collate appropriate evidence of their achievements.
6. Responsibility for support of the Mentors, to ensure they are given the appropriate guidance and support to be competent and successful in their role.
7. To follow guidance from the Work Programme manager and liaise with Oxfordshire Employment Service and other interested parties in monitoring and developing the project.
8. To liaise with HR in ensuring appropriate training and induction programmes are completed.
9. To work alongside management and mentors to provide meaningful work placements that develop confidence and work based skills with a view to moving the person into a paid position where possible.
10. To undertake work based risk assessments for all work placements.
11. To provide management with information and reports relating to all aspects of this role.
12. To be aware of and adhere to any codes of professional conduct as dictated by professional regulator and/or professional body to which you are registered or is appropriate to this position.
13. To carry out all other duties associated within the role of Work Coordinator.
14. To take ownership of your own personal development,
15. To commit to attending training and development opportunities identified for your role.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:
Style Acre is committed to providing the training, development and support necessary to ensure all employees understand and achieve the responsibilities of their role and fulfil their personal and professional potential. Mandatory and statutory training is inclusive of this programme. In addition, dependent on the specific service needs and requirements, specialised training will be scheduled into an employee’s individual development programme. Examples of where additional specific training would be applicable would be in services supporting people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, complex health needs, autism or mental health needs in addition to their learning disability.
To apply, please complete our online application form
Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01491 827599 and we will arrange for an application pack to be sent to you.